Friday, August 28, 2009

Katrina: 4 Spiritual Years

Today is a very significant time my family's life. Four short years ago, Hurricane Katrina brought its destruction to the Gulf Coast and most personally to New Orleans. I can honestly say that the city of New Orleans harvested my self identity during my short 3 year resisdence. I was "born again" during my time in New Orleans, not in a religious way, but in a spiritual way! I found my spirit through the music and culture of the Crescent City. The people of New Orleans carry a pride that you cannot purchase, you cannot mock, you cannot deny! The city's energy is undeniable! I tingle as I type these words to share!

Take minute to remember all our brothers and sisters lost in Hurricane Katrina. Its been along four years for the city of NOLA. Get back there a feel the resurrection of most musical city in the world.



Let this video below open your hearts!

Soul of the Boot Entertainment represents my roots of southern Louisiana and my current life and culture in Austin TX! Figuratively and literally!

Cheers

Papa Chop
ATX by the way of NOLA

No comments: